cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping for the first day

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up new to us rv. So far everything is working fine except fo the tvs. Has a dish with no box and the dash radio turns on but no sound. It has surround sound and I think I need to fool around with that. Here is our view out the windshield.

Click For Full-Size Image.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU
12 REPLIES 12

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
The roof antenna needs power I think the switch plate on the left if it's marked for antenna needs to be turned on. Another idea is the TV a new digital or old analog? If analog you will need a digital converter.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like this not the best pic.

Click For Full-Size Image.
2015 Wrangler JKU

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
Effy wrote:
You need to supply your own receiver with Satellite. Any receiver from your house will do.

I know I needed a receiver but thought I could still get tv using by bat wing or the parks cable. I'm all new to this satellite stuff. Does the bat wing and or parks cable run through the satellite receiver and because I do not have one therefore no tv? Were the receiver was there are three heavy plug type jacks a red/yellow and white also a regular cable wire.

You will need a switch box if your RV does not have one. so you'll have inputs for ANT, Cable/Direct TV. And outs to your TVs. This will allow you to select the input/source. Otherwise you can wire them direct but you would need to change it manually when switching from ANT to SAT.
2013 ACE 29.2

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
You need to supply your own receiver with Satellite. Any receiver from your house will do.

I know I needed a receiver but thought I could still get tv using by bat wing or the parks cable. I'm all new to this satellite stuff. Does the bat wing and or parks cable run through the satellite receiver and because I do not have one therefore no tv? Were the receiver was there are three heavy plug type jacks a red/yellow and white also a regular cable wire.
2015 Wrangler JKU

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
PortWentworthSam wrote:
Where are you camping at?

Were at Coral Sands in Ormond Beach Florida.
2015 Wrangler JKU

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Great view! And as others have said...who needs TV when you got that to look at.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Enjoy your new coach...I certainly am enjoying mine!!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
As noted, you must provide the satellite receiver, DISH or Direct TV whichever the sat dish on your roof is designed for.

See if there is a switch somewhere on the dash labeled 'Dash/Home'. If so, flip that and see if you get sound from your in-dash radio. On my Allure, I must have that switch in the 'Dash' position for sound to come thru the speakers in the ceiling from the radio in dash and in the 'Home' position for sound to come from the theater system receiver.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

PortWentworthSa
Explorer
Explorer
Where are you camping at?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
2013 ACE 29.2

Charlie_Em
Explorer
Explorer
Surround Sound - Bah!!!! Don't you hear the beach calling?
Charlie, Emilie and Buc
"08" Winnabego Aspect 29H
"02" Suzuki Intruder
"05" Honda Goldwing

boston_blacky
Explorer
Explorer
Agree fully with puncho62. Besides, I, like you called RVing camping, at first. My take is if you spend the night - off the ground, surrounded by four solid walls and a solid roof it's RVing (in my book). Enjoy.:C
BOSTON BLK

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
Who needs a TV or radio when you are parked there?....have fun