cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping with the 1%...

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
After pulling into and getting setup at our favorite CG here at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan in comes this rig! I felt very inadequate at this point:

1 2013 Newmar King Aire.
1 Custom built and painted 25ft. toy hauler.
1 Can Am Maverick 4 X 4 (for the dunes).
1 Yamaha V-MAX road bike.
1 Suzuki Hayabusa sport bike.

and just for getting groceries...

1 Ferarri 599 GTB Fiorano V12.

OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad
112 REPLIES 112

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK not sure what the topic was 12 pages ago...But its time to move on...

JohnnyT Moderator
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
It's Geithner. For some reason, government officials get to bend pronunciation rules of their names. Like, Hamilton Jordan is JER den. Strange.

Maybe it is good old Mitt! LOL
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bonefish wrote:
I wonder if we will see it in one of the state parks?

Sharon

Not until it is ten years old and the fancy parks start to send him down the road.
Always space a WM ๐Ÿ˜‰

wnytaxman
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
bobkatmsu wrote:
Anyone not afraid of the IRS is either Tim Geitner or does not know enough to be afraid.

Or someone like me who had conducted the same business long enough to know what is legal to deduct and what is not legal as it applies to the business he is in. For others with no experience and have not contacted an accountant or attorney that specializes in TAX issues, they can continue to live in fear. Not my problem.

Sadly it is a different world out there today with the IRS. They have hired many new auditors who are poorly trained and even more poorly supervised. When you have a bad auditor you do have several appeal routes that may provide you some relief, but if all else fails you have to take it to Federal Court.

We have a case currently where the auditor and her supervisor are just plain wrong and we will be taking it to Appeals. Cost to the client will be about $10,000 between us and the tax attorney. Sad set of circumstances.

And now we return you to the original posters comments!
2018.5 Entegra Aspire 44R on order, 2011 Berkshire 390BH traded

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand why they would let such a cheap rig in the campground. I may not go back there unless they improve there standards.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
Bonefish wrote:

Sharon

Nope. Won't clear low hanging branches. LOL

Darn!

Sharon

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Bonefish wrote:

Sharon

Nope. Won't clear low hanging branches. LOL
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer

Sharon

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
Some of us are saying then exact same things and then arguing with each other over it. I just don't get it.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
It's Geithner. For some reason, government officials get to bend pronunciation rules of their names. Like, Hamilton Jordan is JER den. Strange.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
bobkatmsu wrote:
Anyone not afraid of the IRS is either Tim Geitner or does not know enough to be afraid.

Or someone like me who had conducted the same business long enough to know what is legal to deduct and what is not legal as it applies to the business he is in. For others with no experience and have not contacted an accountant or attorney that specializes in TAX issues, they can continue to live in fear. Not my problem.

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
msmith1199 wrote:
Exactly Bob. In reality any of us can write off the entire cost of our motorhome and all of our toys. And you won't have a problem at all unless the IRS catches you. ๐Ÿ™‚ If you don't get audited you're fine. If you do, you better get your checkbook out. I love how people make these claims of what they write-off and how since they haven't been caught it must be legal. Like put a sign for your business and then all the sudden the entire motorhome is a tax write-off? Not a chance. The cost of the sign you put on the motorhome is a deduction under advertising expenses on the schedule C. Try putting a motorhome under advertising expenses and see how fast the audit comes.

I've been audited twice in 19 years. NO PROBLEM whatsoever and I do not have a sign on my RV because it is just transportation, not advertising. Some businesses DO NOT need advertising to make money. Transportation expenses can legally be deducted if you can show a business reason to be making the trip and this is easy if you have the right kind of business. It is easy to be legal if you use your common sense and just keep good records. In my case, the federal government automatically keeps a lot of my records for me, which makes it impossible for them to dispute. The IRS is something others fear, not me.
Anyone not afraid of the IRS is either Tim Geitner or does not know enough to be afraid. Example: from personal experience; you have IRS agents running around that do not know how to fill out their own paper work. Yet they operate with the full weight and authority of the Federal Govt'. The IRS can make rules, change rules or change interpretation of a rule any time it wants. The IRS Admin. can interpret a rule one way, its legal department the same way and the Auditing Dept a completely different way. Your only recourse is to appeal it to the tax court, who's judges are IRS employees.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

st687
Explorer
Explorer
Like Hillary, said what difference does it make.
Doris &Bill
97 U270 Foretravel
08 Saturn Vue 3.6L
University of Parris Island March 1966
Semper Fi.:)

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
In my business I use dump trucks, large trailers for large equipment. I also have a Corvette that is in the business name. I claimed and do use it for sales calls, customer service, etc. I also use it for personal use. The IRS compared the % of personal use to what other similar companies claim. I could not be over what they deemed as reasonable for my business.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara