cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove a wall panel without destroying it?

Explorer
Explorer
2002 Winnebago Adventure 32v has a leak in the duct that takes the cold air from the basement ac to the ceiling vents. I can feel the cold air leaking in the back of the mh and I want to know how to take off the one small interior wall panel that covers the duct. The walls have the plastic trim at the corners and edges and before tearing into it I would like to know if this stuff is glued together or just snap fit on. I only have to take one corner piece off to expose the whole duct system.
2 REPLIES 2

deereone
Explorer
Explorer
Sometime back there was a write up on one of the RV forums about fixing it without removing the rear cap. You might do a Google search and see what you can find. The write up even had pictures. HERE is one of the write up with pictures.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I do not believe you can remove anything in the interior. Usually the leak is in the vertical duct that goes up right behind the rear cap. If the leak is low enough you might be able to reach up behind the cap. Or the bottom portion of the cap can be removed but with a little difficulty. If the leak is high sometimes the entire rear cap must be removed to get access to this vertical duct. Give Winnebago a call and ask them but if I understand your situation this is what Winnebago told me when I had a journey.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler