Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ck eng light v10 e350 superduty comes on

ron_sky
Explorer
Explorer
back home now ,put 4000mi on the engine this summer and reset the light
many times,the rv runs great up to 10mpg..stoped at auto zone and they

said the code was P0191 and it could be fuel pump,,fuel pressure regulator,fuel filter,or fuel rail pressure sensor,I replaced the fuel

filter in 2012 and I have the same thing going on,, light on..what do you think
2 REPLIES 2

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
What year is this rig and how many miles? Yes, it appears appears to be fuel pressure related and all of those things you mentioned could cause it but you could also have wiring issues such as corroded connections or bad grounds. It needs to be gone through one step at a time. If you have a fuel pressure gauge and tools AND patience you may be able to find the problem, if not then do as track rig says and research who is good in your area. No hacks. Right now I would go under it and start following the wiring to the fuel tank. Look for grounding points at the frame. Look for connectors in the harness. If you can't figure out how to open that connectors lock clips, dont hack it. You dont want to create future corrosion points because of damaged weather pack connectors.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would change the fuel filter(s) myself first since that's part of the annual maintenance and would probably be a cheap fix if that's the problem. If that's not it, I'd look for a local shop that specializes in Ford pick up trucks if you have one. Their hourly rates usually aren't any cheaper, but they usually can diagnose and fix the problem quicker than the dealer. We have a good shop in Anchorage called Different Strokes of Alaska. Their specialty is Ford diesel Power Stroke engines, but they work on gassers also.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.