cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A travel in Mesa Verde NP...

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I did a search here but the info is more general then I'm looking for. I'd like to visit Mesa Verde NP but the web sites I found don't mention specifics for RV's except one map mentions RV parking in the park, but only at one place.

I don't have a toad (but I do have a bicycle) and the park is huge so, can I make my way around the park in a 37' Class A and stop at the various sites, or is it a problem for large Class A's? The NP site map shows a tunnel but it doesn't mention vehicle size. The park doesn't allow trailers passed a certain point, but again, no mention of large RV's.

Anyone been to the Mesa Verde NP in a Class A without a toad? What were you able to see?

Thanks.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.
15 REPLIES 15

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Jim@HiTek wrote:
I did a search here but the info is more general then I'm looking for. I'd like to visit Mesa Verde NP but the web sites I found don't mention specifics for RV's except one map mentions RV parking in the park, but only at one place.

I don't have a toad (but I do have a bicycle) and the park is huge so, can I make my way around the park in a 37' Class A and stop at the various sites, or is it a problem for large Class A's? The NP site map shows a tunnel but it doesn't mention vehicle size. The park doesn't allow trailers passed a certain point, but again, no mention of large RV's.

Anyone been to the Mesa Verde NP in a Class A without a toad? What were you able to see?

Thanks.

You can drive a large rig around BUT...the road(s) are NARROW...and have no real berm or ditch you can roll into and back out of.

Really nice CG there with about 400 spaces...BUT when I was there they had only about 10 or so that has electricity...but it was still a nice CG.

No toad? Rent a car at the local rental place. We had to once ( prior to bringing our own) and we got there the day those lunies killed some cops and they had a man hunt for them. Once finally killed himself and the others they never did catch. I sat with the door open to my RV and it sounded like VietNam outside.....had to have been 100 choppers in the air all at once. Fed...NP service...local cops...news choppers galore.
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape