cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

class c repair

10Grands
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had good luck repairing the area over the cab. We were considering a 2007 Fourwinds 31 ft...but we've found moisture under mattress in the over hang...
43 REPLIES 43

Travelcrafter
Explorer
Explorer
Amen Deltamaster

deltamaster
Explorer
Explorer
Travelcrafter wrote:
Head out there and familiarize your self with all the bells and whistles, take it on errand runs and so forth just get used to driving it and practice backing and all that goes with using it. Main thing is to have fun.

Funny you say that. The last year I was in the Air Force I used mine as the daily driver after the Ford Aerostar developed a crack between the cylinders and would not pass CA smog. We dumped the van and only had the pickup and the RV left so DW got the pickup and I drove the RV to work.

I parked in the clinic parking lot just like Trapper John. I would go out there during lunch and watch TV and eat lunch. I even used the shower in the mornings after the daily mile and a half run! I would leave the track, park in the clinic lot and get ready for work right there... no need to go all the way home again.

There was an abandoned trailer park on base so I would dump and fill the water in one of the old trailer spots! People laughed but I really did not care.

We took it downtown and parked along the parade route for the Christmas parade and sat on the roof and watched the parade. Was great to have our own bathroom for that.

Went to a local dirt motorcycle track and parked next to the fence and watched the races from the roof.

The roof was also a great spot for people-watching at Sturgis from our little-known camp ground.

Traffic tied up... sitting for a half hour... no problem in the rig. Just get up, stretch out, go pee and get a sandwich and back in the seat before we are moving again! None of the other drivers sitting there swelling about the traffic can do that!

Oh, and the dealer pointed out the cruise control and told me the rig practically drives itself. Sure would be great to be wheeling down the freeway, step out of the driver seat and go to the toilet whenever I need to but I have not needed to do that yet!

Some people spend $60K on a sports car and laugh at me for buying my rig but their sports car does not have a bathroom, kitchen and dining table but my rig cost less and DOES!
:E [purple]I ride it like I stole it![/purple] :B

.......and I just may have.......

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

Travelcrafter
Explorer
Explorer
Head out there and familiarize your self with all the bells and whistles, take it on errand runs and so forth just get used to driving it and practice backing and all that goes with using it. Main thing is to have fun.

deltamaster
Explorer
Explorer
I have a little over 60K miles on my 2004 E450 V10. They are supposed to have 100K plugs and should last a long time with routine maintenance.
:E [purple]I ride it like I stole it![/purple] :B

.......and I just may have.......

I'm on "CB-13", are you?

2004 Fun Mover with a 1998 Road King and a 2002 Sportster tucked in the garage, Dragging a 2002 "RAM Tough" Dodge Dakota Crew Cab. Ohhh what a haul!

TSgt(Ret.) USAF

10Grands
Explorer
Explorer
E450

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
10Grands wrote:
Now, on to the "new" to us Class C Camper, a 2006 Itasca Sundancer 30 V. Any suggestions or words of wisdom any want to share would greatly be appreciated. We are very excited, after our bumpy start to RVing.

What chassis?

10Grands
Explorer
Explorer
Now, on to the "new" to us Class C Camper, a 2006 Itasca Sundancer 30 V. Any suggestions or words of wisdom any want to share would greatly be appreciated. We are very excited, after our bumpy start to RVing.

Travelcrafter
Explorer
Explorer
Very good for you and for them. It's nice to hear they stood by you and you found a good solution. Happy R.V.-ing. stay safe on those N.E.Ohio roads this coming week.

10Grands
Explorer
Explorer
Today went well. The dealship was great to us. The Chateau repair looked very nice. They explained the treatment/ repair procedure to us,but we choose to not continue ownership. After much consideration we picked out a 2006 Winnebago Itasca 30V. We hope we'll be starting out with good memories with this choice. As first time RV CLASS C owners we will be asking question from time to time. Thanks for all the suggestions and support. Excited to be Class C owner.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
The best way to check is to push a small screwdriver into any suspect spots. Meaning the wall, ceiling, floor. Especially near the seams. If the wood is firm, you'll make a tiny dent that nobody will see. If the wood is rotten, the screwdriver will sink right in.

Try to do it when they aren't looking.
๐Ÿ™‚
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Travelcrafter
Explorer
Explorer
I think i'ts worth a look (a very close look)then see what they are willing to do, maybe some reimbursement or some type of extended warranty on at least water intrusion in the cab over. Good luck on your decision.

10Grands
Explorer
Explorer
@Snowman9000, I'm actually glad you said that. ..my feelings are no matter how good it looks ..what's being covered up. Now I know another used one could have had issues too...but I definitely know about this issue. thanks

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very skeptical that it's as limited as what they are saying. The damage usually occurs from the inside out.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

10Grands
Explorer
Explorer
Well they say its fixed. We go back to dealer Saturday. The pictures showed water damage about 2 ft back in cap-over and they said it was a leaking cab lite. Repair looks good from what we've seen on photos. My worry/concern is what's inside where the problem was? This being our first motorhome, we've have TT ...this is much more costly purchase and quit a jump...they did say they would work with us on another unit...but the unit with same floor plan is a class A Storm..any opinion..or should i ask about it in class A forum?