cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C slideout problem

Nelly1052
Explorer
Explorer
A friend has a 2008 Winnebago Class C with a slide room. Trying to put out slide and light comes on for no parking brake. Parking brake is on and Brake light is on in the dash. Kwikee slide control. Battery voltage is good. Tried reset button.
2004 38N Bounder DP
2004 Honda CRV toad

M&G Braking System

5 REPLIES 5

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm interested to know what the problem was. Be sure to update when you find out.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
We would recommend what J-D said, look at the wiring diagrams on the Winnebago site and check all of the connections. Or a call to Winnebago support tomorrow. They may end up contacting Kwikee based on Winnebago's ability to troubleshoot.

We had a problem with ours coming in on its own with the parking brake set, so kind of opposite. DH talked with both Winnebago then Kwikee. We started with replacing the switch (the cheapest fix), which didn't do the trick. Then on to the control module. Since our year didn't have a key shutoff we added a switched 40 amp cutoff switch. The combination of these two has done the trick for us...the power switch alone keeps us from ever seeing it happen again, so it is hard to say with certainty that the control module replacement fixed it.

The problem seems to be that the slide control (at least on ours) is in one of the storage hatches, which are those nice blow mold water-tight areas. But a bit of moisture in there will stay in there and we tend to think that the humidity in there played into our problem.

Best of luck!
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good thing about Winnebago products is you can access detailed wiring diagrams and parts lists. What is the exact model? Go to gowinnebago.com then "owners" and start looking for diagrams. Probably would need to print them out. Should give an idea where to start looking.
In addition to the Reset (a circuit breaker?) is there also a Fuse or another Breaker?
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Moved from Forum Technical Support

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
I would check for a broken or loose wire on the E Brake switch.
How about a blown fuse?

Is slide electric or Hyd.?
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+