Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coaches which meet our criteria.

dshinnick
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all-

We're shopping for a coach with several criteria, and would like to know if YOU know of any I should include on my list. Our prime concern is reliability; I hate being nickel-and-dimed, and having the coach more in the shop than on the road. Please let me know of any coach(es), by year, make and model, that I should consider.

1. Used class A, 32-feet or less
2. Minimum 2 slides
3. Couch opposite the dinette/dining room table. I'll mount a TV behind the dinette so it's directly opposite the couch. Any other TV placement seems silly.
4. Ford motor/chassis.
5. Price in the $50k-$65k range.

My mechanic says that Tiffin and Winnebago top the reliability list. Online I see that Monaco, Holiday Rambler, and Fleetwood also do well. Reliability is #1. Any I'm missing?

Thanks much for your thoughts!

dave
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would try to find a suitable Newmar or Tiffin if you want the least number of problems and great support should a problem arise.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
The better made coaches, Newmar and Tiffin, will have better soundproofing to keep the engine quieter. They will also have fully ducted air conditioners to keep them quiet. Stay far away from THOR.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would add anything by Newmar or National RV
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since virtually all of them are on the same underpinnings, I see no difference in any of them. Age, milage,and maintenance records should go a long way in making your decision. Whats above the frame, now thats a different story. But agains since they all use the same basic components its gping to really boil down to overall condition.