cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Comments on Monaco Cayman?

chapala
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a DP motorhome, used, with the top choices being Tiffin and Newmar. Not much available near here (Puget Sound) that fits on our driveway, 38' maximum, and in our price range. We'll be checking out a 2004 Monaco Cayman, and I'm not sure about the reviews on this motorhome. I am aware of the problem with the rear trailing arms that need to be replaced, if this work hasn't already been done on this particular MH.

Anyone have any comments on Monaco Cayman as far as quality?
2 REPLIES 2

Cusn_Edy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 36 PDD Cayman and we love it. There are lots of comments about the ride being bumpy but that has not been our experience. Correct tire pressure, alignment and ride height make all the difference. It is a 4 bag setup, not 8. You should not expect it to ride like an 8 bag system. Our trailing arms have been fixed and we have had no other issues. I would recommend the pre 2009 Monacos to anyone. They are just a well built, nicely appointed and finished coach.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
At least you are not going in blind.....the RR4R chassis is supposed to be a bumpy ride...however, Source Engineering makes a kit that has been known to take care of most of this...just drive it...and see..hopefully the trailing arm issue would have been handled and just maybe upgraded...then you would have a decent machine
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)