Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Considering a Foretravel ih-45.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone here own one?

I'm looking for candid feedback on ownership experience, regards product operation, satisfaction, and value.
22 REPLIES 22

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
st687 wrote:
Joe, I thought you were looking at custom Winnie, is the class C still with you.
Definitely "open" for a new coach. It's starting to come down to reliability. The ih45 is still of interest, as are a couple other options.

st687
Explorer
Explorer
Joe, I thought you were looking at custom Winnie, is the class C still with you.
Doris &Bill
97 U270 Foretravel
08 Saturn Vue 3.6L
University of Parris Island March 1966
Semper Fi.:)

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
s N s wrote:
John S. wrote:
You will find much to Foretravels consternation at time the foreforums is very honest and straight. A dog is a dog. I have friends who own them and the comments are the nicest and quietest motorhome I have ever driven but with the least storage. He bought his off the lot. The ones who are saying it hey have the storage designed theirs from the ground up. One former owner who just passed away even measured his folded shirts so the cabinets and drawers were big enough. One way to talk to the owners who own one is to go to the factory and take a tour. They always have one or two in for service or remods. They buy it off the shelf and have it changed out before they take possession of it. Most of the new IH owners are not former FT owners though there are someand I have not seen any on here.

Hey John,
I think I'd leave this one alone. He's not buying into your help. Let him wait for his answer if he gets one. I think you've been more then helpful to offer advise.

I read his (*JohnS's) posts(s) - his experience is not what I'm looking for here.

I am considering buying an ih45 Foretravel, and want to see if there's any members here that will candidly give me their complete assessment on one.

I have no interest in buying their (Foretravel's) other models. The ih 45 is my focused-on unit to buy.

Thanks!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Skid Row Joe wrote:
Has anyone here bought or owned one?

I'm looking for candid feedback on ownership experience, regards product operation, satisfaction, and value.

Evidently not.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
John S. wrote:
You will find much to Foretravels consternation at time the foreforums is very honest and straight. A dog is a dog. I have friends who own them and the comments are the nicest and quietest motorhome I have ever driven but with the least storage. He bought his off the lot. The ones who are saying it hey have the storage designed theirs from the ground up. One former owner who just passed away even measured his folded shirts so the cabinets and drawers were big enough. One way to talk to the owners who own one is to go to the factory and take a tour. They always have one or two in for service or remods. They buy it off the shelf and have it changed out before they take possession of it. Most of the new IH owners are not former FT owners though there are someand I have not seen any on here.

Hey John,
I think I'd leave this one alone. He's not buying into your help. Let him wait for his answer if he gets one. I think you've been more then helpful to offer advise.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here bought or owned one?

potentialrvers
Explorer
Explorer
Joe,
Send me a PM and I can provide you contact information of a 2014 IH-45 owner.
Sincerely,
Reese Cantrell

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
I know Texas is a big state, but why don't you just motor over to Nacogdoches and look at them? On the Foretravel site there are email addresses and phone numbers for Motorcade members which would be a good resource for talking with actual owners. Looking for ih-45 owners on this site is probably like searching for a needle in a haystack. If you are going to flame every non-ih45 owner who tries to give you help or advice, then you probably won't get many replies.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Still looking for 2012 and newer ih-45 Foretravel owners for reports of coach satisfaction?

Not interested in non-ih-45 coach owners' reports. :S

Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
The Foretravel chassis is the same on the Phenix and the IH. The coaches are essentially the same but height. Both come 45' both have or had the Cummins 600 ISX. Bothe are custom built and if you look at the web sites, both have the same specs except the floor on the IH is flat but on the other it has a step as John said. I appreciate that you want to talk to a IH owner but a Phenix owner who has had 4 foretrave's who could have bought a IH but the height was an issue in my garage. The front caps are diff the rear ends look different but other than cosmetics the can both are custom built and there are no limitations as to options between the two. Bothe in addition have travelride suspensions, in,00dependent front ends glass dashes etc. My 2008 has never been down with a problem other than the usual maint. Of the four I have owned the quality got better each year. The thing is my first coach is on its third owner and has 125000 miles looks good as new. I do believe they make the best fiberglass coach in America. when you go to the bus conversions and Newell you are changing the build comparison. I hope this helps.
2008 Phenix 40' Foretravel, 2011 Jeep GC Overland

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
John S. wrote:
There are less then 100 of them out there. The IH is a new beast.
Now you're getting the picture.

As I wrote, I'm interested in learning about the ih-45, from actual owners.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
Nothing to offer...but what a nice Moho. Never really looked at one until now. IH-45

That's how they strike me too.

I'm not really interested in any comments less than candid - the brand-specific forums in most cases will not allow candid ownership depictions/comments about their brand.

Other than a trek through the Hudson River Valley to visit an old friend on the coast of Maine, I won't be travelling the eastern half of the Country - especially not the turnpikes.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing to offer...but what a nice Moho. Never really looked at one until now. IH-45
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU