cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Craigslist find of the week - the anti-staging approach

TriumphGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I hope this gets a laugh out of a few people.

I've seen quite a few ads. People who just clean up a few things and snap pictures, and others who go through the trouble to stage the interior, etc.

And then you find the people who didn't bother to de-clutter... or maybe they added more clutter for that lived in look?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/rvs/4817651674.html

It's a turn off to me, but maybe I'm picky.
2011 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA (Mack); 2015 VW GTI (Lightning - toad); 2008 Acura MDX SH-AWD (Sally).
Any opinions are my own and not my employer's.
Missing the towing days: 2000 Ford F250 (Trusty Horse)
Follow us (BusyDadRVLife) on YouTube
36 REPLIES 36

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
All you have to do is look around at stuff on Craig's list and see how people fail to realize how poorly their item is presented for sale. You see so many blurry and useless photos or the lack of them. Then, as this poster's example, stuff that looks trashed. I wouldn't even look at as the trashed condition is usually indicative that the RV is really dirty, poorly maintained and most likely abused. Of course, I could be wrong, but I just wouldn't waste my time.

Our camper doesn't look like that even when we're using it....but people tend to live in their RVs the same way they live in their home. "Variety is the spice of life!"
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Rwake901 wrote:
De-clutter?????? Looks like a bomb went off in there. If the inside looks like that you can bet the rest of the coach hasn't been taken care of ether.... :E

My thoughts exactly. Makes you wonder about maintenance.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Compared to most I've seen, that ones is pretty uncluttered.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went to look at a sticks and bricks house as a potential buy one time.
In addition to the house being a mess with clutter, the Real Estate agent took us into one of the bedrooms and there was a guy sleeping in the bed! Needless to say, we didn't buy it. Maybe those same folks now have a motorhome for sale?

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
So who gets to clean it? The current owners or new owners?

it drives my wife nuts when the kids leave shoes at the door!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Community Alumni
Not applicable
"Likely indicative of how well (or not well) it was cared for."

Exactly!

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
TriumphGuy wrote:
I hope this gets a laugh out of a few people.

I've seen quite a few ads. People who just clean up a few things and snap pictures, and others who go through the trouble to stage the interior, etc.

And then you find the people who didn't bother to de-clutter... or maybe they added more clutter for that lived in look?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/rvs/4817651674.html

It's a turn off to me, but maybe I'm picky.

if they're that careless with their small stuff how careless have they been with maintenance, etc. I'm with the OP on this.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
That's CLEAN, you should have seen BEFORE.

Some people think it's normal to live like that.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking this "Is cleaned up" .... I mean after all the bed is made and stuff has ben picked up and piled strategically. That poor Ford frame sure has earned it keep judging by the trailer connected.

There's a buyer out there somewhere who has a stronger pain threshold than I could ever muster.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
All those towels, and some on the floor, imediately I thought there may be some water damage of some kind!

Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
My point exactly. If they try to sell looking like that imagine in that 42k miles how often the oil has been changed, etc. etc....
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Likely indicative of how well (or not well) it was cared for.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
It has that "lived in" look. :B
Is there such a thing as "patina" when it comes to RV's? :h

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
The pic's are just showing what is included in the price. ๐Ÿ˜›
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Proper presentation will always sell faster and for more cash. Just the facts
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)