cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cruise Control

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Ford F53 chassis. The cruise control has stopped working. I looked for all the fuses I could find and they all checked good. Any ideas what to check next.
11 REPLIES 11

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE

I found a connector under the horn broken. After repair, it works as it should. Now have horn and cruise control.

Fiesta
Explorer
Explorer
There are 2 or more fuses for the cruise control to work.

Doug_and_Cassi_
Explorer
Explorer
The brake lights on my Freightliner were sticking on and that would not allow the cruise control to be set. A little actuator under the brake pedal was sticking. A couple squirts of silicone spray and problem solved.

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Checked rv today and the brake lights work. Also found out that the horn does not work. I need to call Ford tomorrow and see if my rv needs the recall done.

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the responses. Will check them all out and up date when I find whats wrong.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Mine's not a Ford but my cruise stopped working and the ABS light would come on sporadically. It was as $35 switch in the that needed to be replaced.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
koda55,
There was also a recall on the F-53 Chassis with the cruise control. I don't have the model years but, it was an extensive recall. It had to do with a bad harness that involved the cruise control. Might be something to think about.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
'99 - '04 F53s have electric cruise modules, no vacuum involved. Brake lights and cruise share a switch, so a malfunctioning switch could kill the cruise and brake lights.

Mine had two issues. Loose connector in the steering wheel, and a snapped cable. More info in this thread.
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

copeland343
Explorer
Explorer
Check tail light bulbs on my truck bulb out no cruise control. Not the same on all trucks but something to check.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure the brake light bulbs are all working.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
check under the hood in front. on my 2000 F53 one of the vacuum hoses slipped off the nipple of the tank. a piece of black electrical tape and I was back in business.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle