cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between 2008 and 2009 Winnebago 24H

AGC
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at purchasing my first RV and trying to figure out if there is any difference between a 2008 and 2009 Winnebago View 24H. I've heard that 2008 had a 3500 lbs towing capacity where 2009 was 5000 lbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
2 REPLIES 2

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. Winnebago has every year brochure which includes the specs you seek. Last I tried navigating through their website, it was a bit tricky, but your answer does lie there.

One point to add here "Might" apply to Winnebagos as it does with most RV manufactures. They will use up previous model year chassis on current year rigs because the release dates of the chassis runs behind the release dates of the RV model year by as much as 5 months. Assuming this is Winnebago's practice, you can find a 2009 View built on a 2008 Sprinter chassis, a 2008 View built on a 2007 Sprinter chassis and so on. In very rare instances, you could even find a 2 year old chassis behind the model year of the motor home. This occurred most during the recent recession with excess chassis waiting for sales to pick up. Some companies went out of business in 2009/2010 with others buying up those excess chassis at auctions at cut-rate prices, the savings used to survive through the recession.

There are some 2010 Phoenix Cruiser 2350s and 2400s built on 2008 Sprinter chassis which were bought at auction. PC-USA kept sales flowing during the recession in-part by offering the Sprinters at the same price as the E350, a creative strategy to survive during a very trying time in the RV industry. Sales of those rigs were popular for it saved consumers ~$14,000. Under similar circumstances with adjusted savings, PC-USA also offered the E350 chassis with the V8 engine for their smallest model 2100. When the word got out, orders increased back to a good level. Both the company and the customers were winners. I commend the owner of PC-USA for his strategy.

If the 2009 Sprinter chassis has a higher tow rating than 2008 which is important to you, you need to be watchful over mismatched chassis/RV years.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would expect W to have those newer brochures still on line.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.