cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Blue Ox Patriot BRK 2010 and 2012

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I can't seem to find out what the difference is between the BRK2010 and BRK2012. I assume that the 2012 is a newer model and that some differences may exist. The 2012 is available on line for just under $100 more, which is not a lot if it's actually improved. There is actually a 2016 out there for a good bit more.

Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Based on the advice given and the information about the control board problem I think I will spend the extra $90 or so to get the 2012.

Thanks to all.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
I had the 2012 Patriot. Each time the power button was turned on the setup sequence had to be run. No big deal that only added about 30 seconds to setup routine.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the BRK2010 is an older version of the BRK2012, our BRK2010 was replaced due to a control board failure. The main thing I remember about the update is you no longer have to "jog" the brake pedal ram into run position every time the Patriot is used, you set it up once and that's it. However if changing from car to car that might be different, we didn't have to go through the "out of the box" set up between out 2003 Sport Trac and our 2014 Flex, it just worked the same once I found the proper seat position for the brake lights to not be on, when the Patriot was in place and dormant.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog