cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical fire

Diegopy94
Explorer
Explorer
If this post is not in the correct spot , mods plz move it to where ut should be thanks.

last night i had an electrical fire and lost a large portion of my engine harness. Im on the lower mainland of British Columbia and will be spending most of today phoning local wreaking yards looking for a new harness.

I posted wondering if anyone may have input or know where one may be found. I dont know where I would begin to look for a totally new unit or how much that would cost but will probably look into it if I'm not successful at local yards first.

It's a 79 empress on a dodge d300 chassis. So 440-3/727/d70 basically identical to other late 70s winnys.

Any input is appreciated thanks
21 REPLIES 21

Diegopy94
Explorer
Explorer
79 d300 chassis

Was looking at the on board diagnostic connection, was thinking it could save some time and material by just removing that system. I feel like it would be a relic of a code reader.

I was going to post a pic of the damage but my phone keeps taking "motion photos" and I can't seem to turn it off. Damage is mostly to the diagnostic connector, wires to the alt, coil, dizzy and some sensors

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
you can have on made if you can get your hands on a diagram.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What Dodge chassis is yours on?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Diegopy94
Explorer
Explorer
Hadn't looked as far as kam yet but I can call tomorrow

Diegopy94
Explorer
Explorer
After numerous calls its simply too old for many businesses on the lower mainland to stalk. but i remember seeing a couple similar empress's in wreaking yards in grande prairie and also met someone parting out a similar gen winny in clearwater.

I hadn't actually sat down to Google new harnesses till now. The damage was extensive to the original but once I had the old out it looks much less intimidating to.

Thanks for the input, I will post up my progress once I make some on it.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Found these yards in Kamloops.
Kamloops, BC salavage yards
What harnesses do you need?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1979/dodge/d300/parts/electrical-wiring/

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/wiring-harnesses/make/dodge

just google "1979 dodge d300 engine wire harness"

This happen to our first RV. It was in warranty thank goodness. Ours happen going down the hi-way. You find pages of them. Even dodge dealer might have them also. A lot of on-line auto parts also, but they will show up on the google search.

Good luck