cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical problem-- Solved

eddie_g
Explorer
Explorer
New to RVing Have a 2001 Monaco Diplomat that has lost power to Fridge and most outlets. We are in a campground and hooked up to 50 amp service. Breakers are on, both ac working fine. Any Idea's?
9 REPLIES 9

eddie_g
Explorer
Explorer
I think the problem was a newbie's first time out. Everything is fine now.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Great news and thanks for letting us know the problem was solved. GFI breakers do occasionally go bad. If this happens again, with no apparent cause, you may consider installing a new GFI breaker at that location. Just be sure that it is wired EXACTLY as the old one is wired since it is a "pass-thru" GFI and not a termination GFI.

eddie_g
Explorer
Explorer
As a residential contractor for 40yrs I am knowledgable with elect & plumbing ect. As a shadetree mechanic i understand most mechanical systems BUT i now need to get the RV systems figured out. Oh-- This is our first time out in the RV. Thanks for the help!!

MustangGT
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you! BUT. There is always a "BUT"...what tripped the breaker in the first place?
Mark, Jean, Paul & Lizzy (the mutt, RIP)
1997 Fleetwood Southwind Storm 34LS >
Thirsty, noisy & clunky. She ain't pretty, but she sure is fun!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." Enzo Ferrari

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOO HOO to you haha...

You might want to add PROBLEM SOLVED to your subj line now...

We all still jump up and down here when the power comes back on as well... Must be a human thing...

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

eddie_g
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks found an outlet under table with tripped breaker. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The inverter breakers are on the inverter itself and usually consist of two of them that handle pass through current and does NOT include AC supply. In my Monaco the microwave does go through the inverter.
There also may be more than one GFI outlet. I have one inside the coach and I have another one that is in the basement compartment. Check them both.

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
Check your GFI outlets, one of those might have popped and taken all the downstream power off until you reset it.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming you have an inverter, there may be a couple of breakers on it that control power to the outlets.
Roaming Full Timer