cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extended Warranty

Snipewarrior
Explorer
Explorer
Members, picking up my Used RV in a week and the dealer is asking about an extended warranty.......the unit is a 2010 Dynamax Grand Sport 40 Gt. It has 18k miles, 100 hrs. On the generator. The unit looks to be in Extremely Good shape.
That being said...I looked at the extended contract and have seen what is covered...and then the 3 pages on what is not covered and why some of the covered things will not be covered....makes me go Hmmmmm.
Any advise out there...I know it is a risk not to get it...day 1 something could go sideways..but I think I have read somewhere that it is more likely to be a waste of money...

Thanks
Jimmi V.
16 REPLIES 16

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few people have good results from those things. Many more people swear at them for denials. The vast majority never have a need to use them.

Personally, I took that much money and put it away for repairs. It took a long time to use it up.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

HardyC
Explorer
Explorer
Always a tough call. I decided to buy one and it does give me some comfort of mind. Used it once so far for a small amount, about $250 above deductible, and had no hassles with it at all.
Hardy Childers
2008 Vista Cruiser Mini 8231