cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fan belt for 8.l litre engine, southwind 37c

Williamh
Explorer
Explorer
could anyone tell me the belt number for the 8.l litre chev engine. I have seen it on her previously but have not been able to find it. I had the transmission oil changed in my 2004 southwind 37=c this morning and the mechanic told me the belt was cracked quiet a bit and his advice was to change it before going on another trip. I am planning another trip later this week and would like to change it before going. andy help will be appreciated. thanks

william
3 REPLIES 3

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
Just a hint before you remove the old belt, find or draw a fan belt routing diagram or take some digital pictures so you will know how to reroute the new belt. It is real easy to get mixed up. Just remember if the pully is smooth the flat back side of the belt will go over that pully, if the pully has grooves the grooved side of the belt goes over that pully.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

Williamh
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info. I went to an auto parts store and ordered the gates. It will be in(so they say)on wed. about 0730. thanks again

william

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dayco part number 5061080
Gates part number K061080HD
NAPA part number 25-061080
I recommend the Gates belt for longer life. You are looking for the 108" long belt.