cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fire in Motorhome caught on camera

kodiakcanuck
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/videos/Gallery/all/video_gallery/people-rescued-from-burning-rv-cau...
2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman 3:92,8-speed,5.7L HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L (prior)
7 REPLIES 7

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Other than the fire, everything was done right, get the people out, get the car off and pushed back, then stand back and stay safe!

Good for the RV doctor and everyone else that helped!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The standard fire extinguisher they put in a motor home is not all that big

I carry a slightly bigger one

plus if you ever get a chance to meet Mac The Fire Guy (Google him if you do not) he sells some very find fire fighting bottles...They work way better.

As for the propane tank blowing.

I have seen a propane tank sitting in the middle of a fire for a long,long time and it did not blow up.. You can see it too.. It is on You Tube (Test of a translucent fiberglass tank) Steel tanks should last even longer in a fire.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
there are 4 mountain ranges in my province.you'd be amazed how many mh amd semi fires there are on any given week.we actually can count the scortch marks along the highways.very scary.2 years ago i had to backtrack almost 150 miles because a mh caught fire and started a forest fire in the fraser canyon.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
Caused by a tire? what the Hey ? how far did he drive it after it went flat?

Right front steer tire. Probably not far. It might have been a brake dragging or a bad wheel bearing that heated up the tire causing it's failure. There was probably a fire before the tire blew by the sounds of it. He said milliseconds.

Glad his family got out.

That's probably a strong possibility. Brake fires are an issue with planes. Brakes cause heat and tire burst into flames.

Scary day. Glad all are alright.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:

Right front steer tire. Probably not far. It might have been a brake dragging or a bad wheel bearing that heated up the tire causing it's failure. There was probably a fire before the tire blew by the sounds of it. He said milliseconds.

Glad his family got out.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Very scarey...
We don't have a motor home, but I'm glad we do have two doors one forward and one aft on our trailer.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro