cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Night!

AJMom
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a 29' Four Winds Class C (1994) from my sister- and brother-in-law over the summer. It originally belonged to his parents, and SIL and BIL decided to get themselves a new A, so offered it to us at a great price, including all of the items/supplies they had purchased to repair/upgrade it. We're happy to have the chance to start with an older RV until we can see if it works for our family, and have 20 years of maintenance records so know the complete history.

Over the past six weeks or so, we've put on 7 new tires, DH has replaced the marker lights with new LEDs, caulked everything he can find that needs it, and checked and fixed everything he can think of. I've been on a major bargain-hunting spree to get everything we need for inside, and cleaning, etc.

It's finally ready to be used, so tonight we're going to camp in it on SIL's property, and see what our boys, ages 11 and 9, think of it! I am VERY excited, and if all goes well, we'll take it our for real for the first time next weekend!

Hooray!!!
12 REPLIES 12

AJMom
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip!

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your first trip. If you didn't already, take a notebook along to write down what you forgot to bring and, over time, what you've been lugging around but never used. It eventually turns into your pre-trip checklist.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

eabc5454
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! You are making memories your kids will never forget.

We love this life - we are out every weekend and can't wait for Fridays. We just got back last Sunday from 10 days out and left Friday for this weekend's trip. Just got home, and looking forward to the coming Friday. There's nothing like camping!
2014 Thor Motor Coach ACE 30.1 (The Mothership)
2013 Honda CR-V (The Pod)

AJMom
Explorer
Explorer
It was great!!! My SIL brought out her firepit, and we all hung out for a couple of hours after dinner. Our boys had a blast with marshmallows, were much too excited later to fall asleep for quite some time, and even the dog wore himself out socializing (and begging for marshmallows!) around the fire. We are most definitely looking forward to our first full weekend!

kvnj
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, let us know how it went. Hope all of you had a great time!
2007 Gulfstream BT Cruiser

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
So, how was it?
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

Gunner45
Explorer
Explorer
Have a fun relaxing time! We camped at my parents for a weekend since we are also on our first RV and they are experienced. It was fun having them there to answer our questions.

Dori

ppdunn
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy! Our first time we couldn't get the awning rolled back up. Each time we learn something new. Our latest outing taught us that RV fridges won't work on an incline. Happy RVing!

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have a great time!!
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!!! As everyone will tell you, motorhomes require a lot of constant maintenance. I've dealt with a cabover leak since purchase (January 2011), but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying it. Baby Girl (my Catahoula rescue) and I have enjoyed over 15,000 miles...10,000 as we traveled with the circus through Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri.

Look at the BIG picture...FAMILY ENJOYMENT!!!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Very eciting! Have a fantastic time!

Coalminer_UG
Explorer
Explorer
Hope all goes well. Have fun.
Ches

Served In Canadian Army 1PPCLI

Retired Underground Coal Miner (Gen Foreman)