cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flexsteel Recliner won't stay reclined

pee-paw
Explorer
Explorer
I have a flexsteel recliner in my '09 Bounder that won't stay reclined. The back wants to spring forward slowly. No problem with the footrest, just the back. I have talked with Flexsteel and they have no answer for this. Can anyone help.
2009 Bounder 35H
2011 CRV Toad
5 REPLIES 5

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
A guy in Manassas VA repaired ours. Rivets were worn, one broke in 2.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
A Flexsteel recliner and foot rest came with my coach. It was very uncomfortable and arm rests were so low they were useless. I sold it on Craig's list and bought a different model.
2014 American Eagle

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
On mine at home, looks to be the same in RV, the rivet was broken between the brackets and that allowed the bracket just enough movement to let the level to slip by. When I push the back of the seat back everything went back in place. It took some moving around to find it.

I had to remove the metal frame from chair and put on work bench and I finally saw what it was doing. No way to get a picture from the underside without unbolting frame.

Also my chairs are early 2005 so not sure if they change the frame. There are no adjustments on mine at all, just solid connections with bolts and rivets.

pee-paw
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAire05,
I have looked at everything but that doesn't mean nothing can be done. I'm no chair engineer. I have LazyBoys at the house that have 2 wing nuts to adjust for this but Flexsteel tells me there are no adjustments on their chairs. I am hoping someone on the forum has figured out a fix.
2009 Bounder 35H
2011 CRV Toad

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
have you look at the cam that the handle is attach too.