cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fogged windows

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Just contacted SunCoast Window about having my windows done. I have 5 windows and I asked about me taking them out and taking them to them in Hudson,Fl
The price they quoted me was $2578.00. That more than $500.00 per window. Think I can get new one's for close to that price.
T hought the price was about $250 per window and they did all the work.
Has anyone had their windows done there lately
Busyguy
8 REPLIES 8

GREGORYJ
Explorer
Explorer
I repaired 8 windows my self last summer using the information from here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dont-wait-too-long-246255.html
The cost of material was minor (maybe $100) but it is a labor intensive job.
It worked out very well. I need to do 5 more with minor fogging and will do them next summer. A 66' foot roll of 3/16" window spacer is $46,
a tube of window sealer is $12, $23 for a sealant guide to apply, and
2-30' rolls of 3/4" wide Butyl frame seal tape $30.
Ellen & Greg
08 National Dolphin DL-35Ci, Kelderman Air Ride, Rear Trac Bar
Workhorse W22, RoadMaster Rear Sway Bar, Towing 08 Smart Car

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
diy kit

Video part 1
Video part 2
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
Check out rvfogdr.com.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
I had 4 Segi windows fixed for $600 about 5 years ago. They came to me and did it on site. I watched them and I would not want to do the job. The pilots side window was replaced by Progressive.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
And your time is a lot less in cost than theirs. Yes a roll of foam and one or two tubes of sealant are still cheaper than just one fix window.

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Harney coach. A couple years ago a friend and I did 3 of my windows and 10 of his and I just noticed one of my windows is starting to fog again. Thought it might be better to get them done by the pro's. Thats why I contacted Sun Coast. But at that price I can do them again by myself. Its not that hard a job. Just mostly time consuming and they are heavy.
Thanks for your replies.
Busyguy

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Not knowing what year, brand, or model your RV is, we'd only be guessing how to help. But here's a link to my fogged window repair post on my RV repair blog...if you're into DIY.

Double Pane Window Repair
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
busyguy wrote:
Just contacted SunCoast Window about having my windows done. I have 5 windows and I asked about me taking them out and taking them to them in Hudson,Fl
The price they quoted me was $2578.00. That more than $500.00 per window. Think I can get new one's for close to that price.
T hought the price was about $250 per window and they did all the work.
Has anyone had their windows done there lately
Busyguy

no, not lately but about 7-yrs ago we had 7-windows done for about $900. two were smaller windows so we got a 2 for 1on them. the cost couldn't have gone up that much.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle