cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FR Forester vs Sunseeker - what's the difference?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
We've narrowed down our next RV to the Forest River Forester 2401B on the Mercedes chassis.

In my search I see some dealers have the Sunseeker 2400B. This looks exactly the same. Is there a difference, or is this just marketing/branding? (reminds me of Winnebago vs Itasca)
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
19 REPLIES 19

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
So I am guessing no real difference? I'll talk to the dealer and see what they have to say, but thinking it's just branding, unless it's options in which case if the Sunseeker has the same options, then it's a moot point.

Wondering if one has a greater re-sale value. On RV trader I only see 1 Sunseeker MBS for every 10 Foresters.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
bobndot wrote:
If i remember correctly, when i purchased my Sunseeker in 2018 i had to pay for certain options that the Forester offered as standard. I think it was the hydraulic jacks and Arctic pack which gave me heat pads and higher R value insulation. I think the Forester offers full body paint over the Sunseeker and possibly 50 amps in larger floorplans.

So the ones I have been looking at are apples to apples. Maybe the dealers ordered them that way. Jacks, Paint, (the sprinter based units only come in 30A). They are literally the same as far as I can tell

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If i remember correctly, when i purchased my Sunseeker in 2018 i had to pay for certain options that the Forester offered as standard. I think it was the hydraulic jacks and Arctic pack which gave me heat pads and higher R value insulation. I think the Forester offers full body paint over the Sunseeker and possibly 50 amps in larger floorplans.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
MDKMDK wrote:
https://www.rvingplanet.com/compare-rvs

Pretty cool tool. Based on that they are identical. I was wondering more if it's a fit and finish or options difference, but doesn't seem to be.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.rvingplanet.com/compare-rvs
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)