cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freightliner Chassia

Dakota_Wagon_Ma
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 National Tradewinds on a Freightliner chassis and occasionally babe issue with the air suspension. Twice in the last few months the left front air bad won't seal and inflate. The first time it eventually sealed and inflated. The last time it would not seal. I cleaned the metal boot that the bag contacts and lubricated it too. Still won't seat. Any ideas? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Dakota_Wagon_Ma
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I talked to my local Freightliner service man after the first occurrence. Then it sealed and he said "Sometimes that happens if the rig sits for a while". I am able to deflate the system and fully extend the jack at the front to expose the entire "rim" at the bottom on the bag. I cleaned the rim and the "bead" at the bottom of the bag. When I lower the jacks and inflate the system the soap bubbles confirmed a leak at the "bead". No evidence that the bag itself is bad.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Call Freightliner...have your VIN handy: 800-385-4357.
2014 American Eagle

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Valkyriebush wrote:
Perhaps it's time for an air dryer and filter service to be sure. Solved my issue exactly as you described.

Good point
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perhaps it's time for an air dryer and filter service to be sure. Solved my issue exactly as you described.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Check your leveler valves 2 rear 1 front. There are also a couple bypass valves in the system. Spray bag with soapy water to check for possible leaks.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee