cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fresh water tank

Danford50
Explorer
Explorer
while connect to city water connection at the rv park I noticed that my fresh water tank was filling up and it start to run over, I call good sam tech support and they told me it was the water pump, he instructed me to let out some of the water in the tank, then he said if the tank filled back up it then your water pump it need to be replace. well I done as he said but the tank never filled back up, so now I am wondering if the pump is bad.
17 REPLIES 17

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 3 on the nutty techey. Pump has a check valve that gets stuck often. Don't run the pump with the city water attached. Even if the pump was bad it is rebuildable cheaply and easily.be sure the pump is not in Winterize mode for antifreeze filling.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, agree that tech support is likely wrong. More often this issue is caused by a leaky back flow valve in the city water intake line.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shut the city water off , turn on the water pump .If water runs then the pump is good ! I believe that tech support is nuts ! Do not tell any one I said that .