cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge Door Flying Open at High Speed - Sauce Everywhere

drewbtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
So there is always that one corner that no matter how slow I am rolling, the fridge doors fling open. Last time the icemaker bucket came flying out and apparently a container of leftover spaghetti sauce flopped out. I say "apparently" because I was driving and my Lovely Bride had to clean up the mess, again. Because of the configuration of the doors and the fact that they "had to" hinge on the left side (or the feng shui of the kitchen would be off balance or something) the traditional aftermarket door latches would not work, so off to the workshop I went, and I had to work quickly because we are back on the road tomorrow.

I happened to have a beautiful chunk of cherry in the shop and a dowel and a little piece of walnut for a wall mounted stowable door stop.

When we are parked it folds flat to the wall, and when on the road it swings 90 degrees to catch both doors.

Thought some may find this useful, let me know if you have a question or two. Happy Turkey Day Gobble Gobble!!
1994 Fleetwood Southwind
F-53 Chassis, F-460 Updated Interior 240K+ miles
17 REPLIES 17

katoomer
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work!
2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2014 Can Am Outlander 500
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
And you kept your fend shui! Nice job, it looks great!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
And to think, there are some on these forums that say safeguarding your refrigerator door and your cabinet doors are not necessary! Yours is a perfect example of why a little extra effort to create a way to keep them from opening while in transit is a good thing!

Well done! And it looks good too!