cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full wall slide adjustment

dsisemore1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 Itasca Suncruiser with a full wall slide on the driver's side. It is a power gear system. When retracting the slide it is hitting the hinges on a bay door towards the rear of the coach and two hinges that hold the rear wheel panel on. It needs just a very small adjustment as it is just scraping these hinges when I try and close the slide. This just happened and I have owned the coach for 4 years and just got back from a 7 week trip. I cannot find anything in the owners manual on how to adjust the slides up horizontally. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Vegas1
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem on my 2012 Suncruiser, except the center of the FWS was sagging in the center. This was a result of the bolt attaching the slide to the ram had sheared off, causing the sag and ultimately dragging on the top of the basement door.
I would first check the bolts on all three Rams with the slide fully extended. If they are all intact, that is good news. Power Gear/Lippert has instructions on their website to adjust all different slide mechanisms they manufacture. The PDF instructions are intended for trained RV techs., but it may give you an idea how to make the adjustment if you choose to DIY.

Bill
2012 Itasca Suncruiser 37 F
Ford F-53 24,0000
2010 Chevy Equinox. Blue Ox & Brake Buddy

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"dsisemore1".....First, park your coach on level ground with the slide in and check the paint job. See if the stripes line up horizontally or are they off some (slide is a bit lower). If so, extend the slide and look under the outer edge. At each slide arm, near the exterior wall there should be a vertical bolt that is double nutted. Loosen the locking nut and then adjust the bolt to lift the slide enough to correct the issue (probably a couple of terms.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

tohare
Explorer
Explorer
Call Winnebago. They are having enough problems with those slides they are being very helpful.