cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas line

mercedesme28
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older rig and have pulled the old oven/ stove out, therefore I have a gas line that needs to be sealed is there a clamp that you can buy to clamp this shut, or does it need to be melted closed by a professional ?
I've decided to go with an induction cooktop in a convection microwave and no longer need the gas stove

Thank you for any advice and insight you may have
Eric
9 REPLIES 9

mercedesme28
Explorer
Explorer
I'll see if I can pull a part off of the stove, if not I'll send a photo.
Thanks

mnoeltne
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the old line that you took off of the pipe? Take it along so you get the right size and type.

Otherwise we need to know what type of line it is that you are capping off. A picture of it would work fine.
Mark & Joyce Noeltner
2005 Fleetwood Fiesta 26Y
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

mercedesme28
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what size cap is needed to cap off the line to the oven, or where the oven used to be ? I thought it was a 1/2 so I picked up brass cap at Home Depot and its to big, but the 1/4 inch looked to small.
Does it take a special or odd fitting to cap ?
Home Depot is 20 miles away ( away) so I want to make sure before making another trip back
Thanks

mercedesme28
Explorer
Explorer
I'll go to the hardware store today...thanks..

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Clamp no.. Cap or plug (Depending on which the end of the pipe needs) yes
You can also disconnect the other end of the line and plug it.

ANY hardware store will have what you need.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rcmiller32
Explorer
Explorer
You should follow that line (copper or flexible) back to the black iron pipe that supplies it and remove the line and fitting and cap or plug it. Make sure to use sealant on the cap or plug, and test for leaks.
2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
Member FROG, FMCA, Life Member Good Sam Club, Member Coachmen Owners Association

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is usually a cap for any gas fitting, unless you've just cut the supply line. I would trace back along the line to the next place the line can be capped. I've not heard of clamping a gas line (rubber hose?) or melting one shut.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

mercedesme28
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, I never thought about a BBQ Thanks...great idea

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
You might cap the gas line off at this time,or re rought it outside as to use for a BAR_B_Q