cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gen set not producing 110v power

JCMack
Explorer
Explorer
We have a guardian 7500 watt gas genie in our MH that starts up and runs great but produces no 110v power. I have to shut it down several times until 110 power comes thru MH. It has never let me down down during the $ years I have owned this MH but I am borrowed time I think. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this issue. I try to exercise the genie once a month when not in winter storage. The genie has 85 hours on it and once it starts powering up it runs great.
6 REPLIES 6

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
JCMack wrote:
We have a guardian 7500 watt gas genie in our MH that starts up and runs great but produces no 110v power. I have to shut it down several times until 110 power comes thru MH. It has never let me down down during the $ years I have owned this MH but I am borrowed time I think. Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this issue. I try to exercise the genie once a month when not in winter storage. The genie has 85 hours on it and once it starts powering up it runs great.

I'm beginning to believe that they all do this, among the older generac's. Even replaced the stator on one when it blew a hole in the windings and with the new one, it still did that.
As long as it eventually works, just go with it, but would let it warm up a bit before starting the ac's ....etc..
Do you even have a transfer sw. or just plug into your genset with your shore cord? Either way, it has nothing to do with it, I grant you.
Just so you know, all particulars on your coach, when making a post, is extremely helpful for getting the best answers.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like oxidation on either the main breaker on the generator or on the transfer switch
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
double post
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Since this doesn't happen all the time it sounds more like the transfer switch not connecting than a breaker problem. Next time it happens, go to the transfer case (usually in the same compartment your shore power cable connects) and give it a couple of hard raps to see if it connects. Or better yet, take the cover off the transfer case and use a meter to check whether the generator power is getting to and through the transfer case.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, start by turning OFF and back ON the on-generator breakers.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Transfer switch or breaker on generator bad.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie