cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good / Bad Years for Southwinds?

We_retheRussos
Explorer
Explorer
We have decided that we want to buy a Fleetwood Southwind and have been looking at used models (the 32 and 34's). We have heard from a few people to stay away from coaches built during the financial crisis but were wondering if the '08s were any good or if there were specific years to stay away from.

Also any specific issues to the Southwind that we should be looking for when checking out these coaches beyond what is normally done during a pre-buying checklist (ie specific issues with the Workhorse Chasis or Ford, etc).

Thanks and really appreciate any advice/comments.
Planning on retiring and full-timing - check out our progress: http://www.weretherussos.com/
4 REPLIES 4

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2006 37c South wind and My friends throughout it was a 2013-2015,I had a 1999 south wind before,32v Had to go bigger,Love the South wind,v10,tow haul trans.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it survived all these years and still looks good then there should be no problem with the house part. The chassis, engine et cetera where supplied by different manufacturers and should not have been affected by any financial crunch at Fleetwood.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

We_retheRussos
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Blackdiamond - we were saying the same thing that the 10 year old coaches look exactly the same as the new ones! Thanks!
Planning on retiring and full-timing - check out our progress: http://www.weretherussos.com/

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think there are any bad years, they have been making these coaches with the same general floorplans for many years and have them figured out....my 2003 layout looks just like a 2015 of the same model. Just do a through inspection, 2008 will be ready for tires about now.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater