cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grill Adapter/Connector

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an adapter or connector that can be attached to my main propane tank so I can connect our grill without carrying additional 20 lb. tanks? I already have a hose extension. Chuck
13 REPLIES 13

jules6
Explorer
Explorer
I think all Coleman grills are high pressure. You cannot remove the regulator and covert it to a low pressure grill because they use their own proprietary threads. The Weber Q grills are adaptable with the right fittings. To use a Coleman grill you must tap into the gas line at the tank outlet, but before the regulator. Camping World sells Low Pressure grills.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
ChuckBear, Take Camco #59093 and remove the 1/4" IPS connectors from the Tee and put it in the line. You may have to buy some adapters but that will work. Sturgisafe is part #103602. MEC is part #ME412P.

All will work with the correct adapters. Discard the factory adapters.

I will bet if you go to a professional propane store that they will have them without the ACME or POL fittings.

If your grill has a regulator and it should to use disposable cylinders, it requires high pressure. The on off is a regulator.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
chuckbear wrote:
Thanks. Some of these are adapters for standard propane tanks. I will have to see if they will work on my coach tank. Chuck

The one I posted is identical to the one we have on our coach EXCEPT for the left hand connection. I don't know why I cant find it on line but all CWs seem to have it.

It runs our Baby Q just fine.

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. This will connect to the built in tank under my motorhome so anything designed to attach yto a standard propane tank isn't going to work. The grill arrived today so I can check to see if it's high or low pressure. This is the grill, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009V1BDA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 . BTW, It is designed for the small bottles and I have the adapter on an extension hose. So I suspect it's low pressure. Chuck

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
chuckbear wrote:
Very interesting that I can't find the Camco brass tee without the hose. I already have the hose. Chuck

Try here:
Just tee
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Both Sturgisafe and Camco make several "Tees" for installation in a hard piped gas system. The will connect to the TANK before or after the regulator depending on which you prefer. If you are using cylinders as most trailers do, they make the same "Tees" for cylinders.

Extend-a-stay was purchased by Sturgisafe and they make the same propane fittings. If your ordering on line call the store first and tell them what you need or look at their on-line catalog if they have one. If buying from a S&B store ask for recommendations, same with a Propane outlet.

If you are not familiar with pipe sizes and fittings definitely get professional help.

Contrary to popular belief, not all RVs have hoses in their systems and therefore, are more difficult to work on.

If you need to go to a store, take some pictures so the sales staff knows what you have.

Easy job and not real expensive but be safe and don't skimp on whatever you use for joint sealant and then test thoroughly for leaks.

Chuckbear, Camco, Sturgisafe and MEC all sell the brass fitting without the hose, it is just that not all suppliers carry them in stock or advertise them. if you go to a Propane shop, in my opinion the best place to go, they will sell you what you need. You do, however, need to know what you need or take pictures or your RV to them so they really know what you need.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting that I can't find the Camco brass tee without the hose. I already have the hose. Chuck

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
You might also consider the extend-a-stay if you might like the ability to also use external propane tank to feed the RV appliances. This one feeds the grill and allows attachment of external propane tanks. We have hooked to 100 lb cylinders with this during a longer stay at an RV park.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Some of these are adapters for standard propane tanks. I will have to see if they will work on my coach tank. Chuck

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Something like this might work.
Tee
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
A hint at which one it is?

maanpaontheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, got ours at Campworld
2007 Suncruiser 38T
2004 Rubicon
FMCA F394282
:R