cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gulfstream coach info?

bluefever02
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of purchasing a 1988/89 Gulfstream Coach Regatta.The model # is 8311RH Regatta Hi Rise.I'm pretty sure it's a GM chassis. But neither Gulfstream nor my local gm dealership can give me any information on it. I'm looking to get it running as it hasn't for a couple years and I have no clue on chassis # or engine size. Does anyone out there happen to know something about these?
8 REPLIES 8

bluefever02
Explorer
Explorer
The brochure says it's a 3 speed. Haven't found the tag yet. Been dealing with what happens to water lines when the previous owner doesn't winterize. 😞

bluefever02
Explorer
Explorer
Also says 60 gallon fuel tank capacity, which the brochure I found states for that engine. Would anyone out there happen to have a copy of the coach manual?

bluefever02
Explorer
Explorer
It's a 31 foot according to a brochure i found on google. One of the emissions labels says 7.4 liter.

cheezkween
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming your MH is over 25 feet long a "GM chassis", I'll agree with Gjac that you have a Chevy 454 (7.4 liter) on a P30 chassis. The P30 is further subdivided for replacement parts purposes into Base or Stepvan; motorhomes are a Base. Typically the engine would be carburated (naturally aspirated) with a Rochester Quadrajet.

The info you need for the engine/chassis is readily available online; get a GM or Chevy manual that includes the engine for that year and the year prior. Gulfstream wouldn't have any good info to give you anyway. They just build the stick-and-staple part on top of the delivered chassis.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
If its a GM it is probably a 454 eng with either a 3 or 4 speed trans. If you look on the trans itself there should be a tag that shows the model no. If it is a 4L80 it is a 4 speed.

bluefever02
Explorer
Explorer
As stated in my posting I did contact gulfstream to no avail. The only thing they could tell me even with the vin was that it had a gm chassis which I already kind of guessed with the gmc steering wheel. They said records that far back weren't computerized.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Have either of you tried to contact Gulfstream customer service? I have a 2005 Gulfstream coach,and have had great success working directly with them. Try that.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

novoclan
Explorer
Explorer
I feel your pain! I just got a 1993 Gulfstream Crown Regis model 8347 and it's like there is an information vacuum. I guess I have gotten too used to google telling me everything I need to know. Best of luck on your search!