cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

High Pointe Microwave/Convection

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Winnebago with a High Pointe microwave/convection oven. We've started having issues with the timer on it. If I put an item in microwave for 2 minutes, it will count down very slow, like taking 30 seconds to count down 10 seconds. Sometimes the clock just freezes. But the wave continues to cook. It also messes up the time-of-day clock to the point where we just don't use it.

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue with High Pointe? Winnebago has said they most likely wouldn't repair it, and would refer it to a High Pointe dealer. Winnebago might be able to replace, but cost is unknown at this time.

THANKS
6 REPLIES 6

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I have had issues with that brand of microwave in my 2015 truck camper. Mine would beep and the turntable would rock back and forth. Kinda ghostly. I switched the breaker off/on and it cleared up, but I imagine that ghost will show up again.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our neighbors did this some years ago and it was older so we just went to Lowes and purchase a different brand and install it. No issues so for. Any brand that fits will work.

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
BTW....Issue happens when on shore power...haven't tried with gen only

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
BTW....Issue happens when on shore power...haven't tried with gen only

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shore power or gen?

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are beyond the warranty period just replace it. Why the drama?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad