cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding tank issues

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I have been reading and reading. Our grey tank is clogged. Hubby has tried everything that anyone anywhere on the Internet has suggested but he just found this which no one suggested:

Camco RV Dual Flush Pro http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39062-Flush-Holding-Rinser/dp/B000BUQOAE

Any thoughts?? Thanks!!
Jo, Elliott, Cloey and Zoey, Havanese sisters
who JUST bought a Georgetown 328TS Class A and will be towing a 2010 Toyota Corolla.
19 REPLIES 19

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Has he tried taking apart the dump valve to look for a cutout blocking the exit hole?
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
10forty2 wrote:
Is the dump valve sticking in the closed position? Not sure what would be causing a clog in the grey tank, besides maybe hair from the shower or food particles from the kitchen sink.

No the valve is fine. I agree we don't know either!! We are very careful, except we did buy a Panda (washing machine thingy) and think maybe lint got in but where it is and how to get it out...well we have tried everything except a mobile RV fixit person.
who JUST bought a Georgetown 328TS Class A and will be towing a 2010 Toyota Corolla.

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
jobythebay wrote:
Hi all, I have been reading and reading. Our grey tank is clogged. Hubby has tried everything that anyone anywhere on the Internet has suggested but he just found this which no one suggested:

Camco RV Dual Flush Pro http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39062-Flush-Holding-Rinser/dp/B000BUQOAE

Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

He tried the hose. It is completely clogged! It drained a bit but not any more. He can't get a snake in there. Maybe he'll try the hose again. Thanks!!

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Is the dump valve sticking in the closed position? Not sure what would be causing a clog in the grey tank, besides maybe hair from the shower or food particles from the kitchen sink.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have one of these and use it to flush my tanks from time to time. Not real impressed with it. I assume you have tried running a garden hose up the gray tank drain into the gray tank to try to find and disloge whatever may be clogging. Is it completely clogged or just slow to drain?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT