cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

House battery install

Rodd06
Explorer
Explorer
I ran out of time yesterday and did not get my batteries installed. I did take pictures before I removed all 6 of them. This is a 2005 Alfa SeeYa, it has 6 batteries in the front, 3 on each side of the generator. When I took the pictures, I did not realize that I could only see the + on the 1st battery on each side and now I am not sure if the all get intalled all the same way. In other words, when installing them, do all the + line up. In my pictures it looks like all of + are facing the front of the coach. Little help.

Thank You
8 REPLIES 8

ryanallie1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All.

For RV'ers who run "Multiable Battries", its really pretty simple, to keep track of the "Negitive Battries"" and the "Positive Battries". Doesn't matter is your working with "6 Volt Battries" or "12 Volt Battries".

I have always painted or used Red Tape to mark all of the "Positive Cables". And "Black Paint" or "Black Tape", on all of the "Negitive Cables". And I
use "White Paint" or "White Tape" on "Ground Cables". Been doing it this way for over 46+ years now, and have never wired anything wrong. Also a few "Pictures" are really worth their weight I gold.

Roy has some good example of how the different types of Battries are to be wired. Not picking on you, as we all had to learn one way or the other. For us old timers, like me, when I started there were no computers to go check stuff on.

It just takes a little bit of time and you to will be an old pro at it all.

Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill & our two Small "YORKIE KIDS", who love to travel as much as we do.
1998-34 ft Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

tiredkid
Explorer
Explorer
Rodd06 wrote:
When my Sweetie Pie wakes up, I will have her post the pictures we took.

Certainly thank you all

Rodd06

all u have to do is look at RoyB picture/post .its pretty obvious
no one needs pictures.just follow his diagram

Rodd06
Explorer
Explorer
When my Sweetie Pie wakes up, I will have her post the pictures we took.

Certainly thank you all

Rodd06

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Did you mark all the positive cables?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
These are simplified drawings for both the 12VDC and 6VDC battery wiring. The idea is to get them hooked up for 12VDC and then you can parallel as many of those 12VDC groups you want. Just consider the two 6VDC batteries in SERIES as one large 12VDC battery...

photo from google images

Something like this for 6EA 6VDC batteries used for 12VDC output

I have always mounted my batteries in a separate vented compartment. They will gas fumes from time to time so you want to keep them away from electrical spark things...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Each pair of 6V are connected in series. + to - jumper between the pair.

You now have the equivalent of 3 12V batteries. If these are all house batteries then the remaining + terminals are connected together and the - terminals are connected together.

It might be obvious from the cable layout. But you don't want to get this wrong so getting experienced help could prove wise.

Posting the pictures might help.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Rodd06
Explorer
Explorer
6 volt

matbas
Explorer
Explorer