cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigfoot Class C 24DB Value?

redding96001
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a 2004 Bigfoot Class C 24DB with about 15,000 miles. I have scoured the web trying to find others for sale to be able to compare asking price to rigs sold. I haven't been able to find any comps, I know there are allot of variables but if someone knows of one for sale or just bought one can you give me a ballpark on value?

Thanks;
Steve
12 REPLIES 12

aeejbe
Explorer
Explorer
bigfeet wrote:
I am selling a 2003 Big Foot 24 foot. I inherited this with 15,600 miles, not driven much but was lived in. I am having a challenge establishing a value as very few show up for sale.

If yours is a 30MH24DB without a slideout...
Then I MAY know a lead for you.
PM me.

bigfeet
Explorer
Explorer
I am selling a 2003 Big Foot 24 foot. I inherited this with 15,600 miles, not driven much but was lived in. I am having a challenge establishing a value as very few show up for sale.

triple602
Explorer
Explorer
Really wanted another BF so, like an idiot, I negotiated a second deal with that seller only to have him back out on that too.

Bought the Jayco which was newer, bigger and more expensive.

Surprise! - a week later the BF seller comes back agreeing to second deal. I was more than happy to tell him to pound sand.

Am very happy with our 2011 Winnie but remain a fan of BF's

aeejbe
Explorer
Explorer
triple602 wrote:
... Had a verbally accepted offer on a 32' BF. Sent seller a deposit and 5 days later he called to say he decided to increase his asking price...

I think I already know the answer here but I just had to share:
WHAT IS IT with particular selling parties (of BF products) looking to gain something more by backing out of sales agreements? A verbal one in your case... & a written one in ours. Greedy Greediness?

When negotiating with a local Bigfoot Dealer in 2005 for our new 30MH29G, we made an offer that was written & signed. In addition, the doc was backed up with our $5K deposit that was paid in good faith. We even shook hands - And that’s HUGE in my book! After exactly three days, the manager (not the sales person) gave us a phone call. He pushed to make a full refund of our deposit because another buyer had made a better offer to buy "our coach".
After a bunch of heated conversations which included a few threats to involve the BBB, the Chamber of Commerce, & to whoever else cared to listen – OURS was the done deal - paid in full too.

About a year later, that particular dealership stumbled upon hard times, & later fell from favor with the BF factory folks for whatever reason(s).
Bottom line:
Today, that dealership is history … … But we’re still rollin’ along!

triple602
Explorer
Explorer
Loved our 24' Bigfoot. Would still have if we didn't need something bigger. Had a verbally accepted offer on a 32' BF. Sent seller a deposit and 5 days later he called to say he decided to increase his asking price.

Ended up with a Jayco Super C 37FS. No comparison in build quality to the BF. sold it.

Try the BF owners group link that was posted.

aeejbe
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP, it’s been about two months now.
Have you found that particular Bigfoot of your dreams yet?
Have you considered applying for complimentary access to the Bigfoot Owners Club International, (BOCI) website?
Do look over "our" classified listings there - for a 90 day period.

http://www.bigfootowners.com/

FWIW ... Bigfoot IS a premium constructed motorhome!... IMHO.

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
Bigfoot was a premium construction motorhome. You might look at similar age BornFree, CoachHouse, LazyDaze to get a sense of the premium C market. You won't find many of those either, as volume is low a people buy premium construction with the intention of keeping it long term.

Bigfoot isn't up to Lazy Days, Coachhouse, or Born Free Standards of construction. You'll see lots of fake wood and unfortunately particle board in them. Their claim to fame is insulation and winter operability. They are still pretty good RVs, just not up there with the premium guys.

They come with either a rubber or fiberglass roof. You want fiberglass of course.

My brother has a Bigfoot 29G. It's been a good RV for them even with the hard use of weekend ski bumming.

Make sure you have enough legroom for the driver. They can be a bit cramped for some.

I was looking for a 24DB when RV shopping but struck out (It was on the short list of models I was looking for). I then started looking at new RVs and made the mistake of driving a Sprinter based C....you can see where that led.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
That's going on 10 years old with very few miles. There are benign explanations for that, but do take a test drive on a 4-lane with fast-passing big rigs to be sure it doesn't have any scary driving characteristics. Inspect the tires first, and inflate per the door post sticker (not the sidewall info). It'll almost surely need tires, based on age.

Also, if it has an Onan with similarly low hours, test it thoroughly to be sure it works right. They need an exercise run under load every 4-6 weeks to keep the carb from gumming up, condensation from doing damage, etc. when not in use.
Low hours is _not_ a good thing.

Jim, "Every day is the dawning of a new error."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I passed on a used early 2000's 24 foot Bigfoot Class C in late 2005 before we bought our new 2005 Itasca 24 footer. The reason we passed on the Bigfoot was headroom in the shower. I would have had to bend over whenever takng a shower (I'm 6'2"). Our Itasca's shower has plenty of height for me. You might want to make sure this is not a problem on any Bigfoot you look at. However, I think (not sure) that later Bigfoot Class C motorhomes have a bit higher ceilings everywhere.

Also, I did not care for the large step up between the floor of the Ford cab and the floor of the coach. This height difference was at least 5-6 inches, and maybe more.

FWIW, Bigfoot Class C motorhomes in the short lengths have - along with short Lazy Daze Class C motorhomes - the largest capacity fresh water tanks you'll find in small Class C rigs. (Not counting Earthroamer's over-the-top fresh water tank capacities.)
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

deminimis
Explorer
Explorer
Use NADA RV guides and go with the low value. That's what credit unions generally do (will only loan on the low value). That will get you in the ball park.
'15 Ram Laramie 5500 w/ a giant Okanagan on board.

Holiday27
Explorer
Explorer
In our area (northwest) 36 to 39k is the average for that year. One '98 came in at 28k using craigslist. I love bigfoot RV's, just couldn't afford it at the time we bought ours. I feel like we got the next best thing though. We love ours and it has aluminum siding! Good luck with your search!!

One more thing, use a large search area. You never know what your going to find. We found our first Class C 3 hours from our home.
2002 27PBS Holiday Rambler (Aluminum sided/roof) Love it!

Previous RV's
'94 Jamboree 22ft. (This beast had a 460 with tons of power)
'95 VW Eurovan camper (5 cyl. dog) Pulled a 3 rail fine though.
Tent:(
Borrowed folks '84 VW Westfalia (water cooled)

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bigfoot was a premium construction motorhome. You might look at similar age BornFree, CoachHouse, LazyDaze to get a sense of the premium C market. You won't find many of those either, as volume is low a people buy premium construction with the intention of keeping it long term.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B