cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove rear furnace in MH

teeznu
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Vectra 40FD. Rear furnace won't ignite. Lifted bed and can see the heat duct runs. Lifted board in floor of closet and bingo, there is the furnace. Looked around but couldn't see a way to get in to the furnace from the top. 4 screws on outside of coach where furnace exhaust is. By removing the 4 screws????????? will the furnace slide out???? Need to replace the mother board (I believe). Thanks to all who reply in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

millerak49
Explorer
Explorer
rear furnace on my tiffin phaeton quit working. the side panel with the heater vent had two screws underneath, then the whole panel lifted right off. i thought i might need a board, but i spent about 10 bucks on a new "sail witch" and now it runs great. there is also a thermo switch that can fail. good luck

MrWizard
Good information
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
What make/model furnace is it? The common Atwood/Hydro Flame 8500, 8900, etc, series are almost entirely serviceable through the outside panel. The "motherboard", more commonly known as the "ignitor board", is easily reached on the upper left side in a conventional horizontal installation. Loosening a wingnut and disconnecting a couple of plugs is all it takes to remove the board for repair/replacement.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
wow, might google your rv and see if you get lucky.