cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH jack wont stay down.

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Just as the topic states. One side of my jacks wont stay down. Put it away last fall, and extended the jacks. Within a couple of days the passenger side jack had gone back up. I now realize it did it on my vacation last year and just sidnt put two and two to come up with four. Any suggestions??MHydrolic fluid maybe??
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C
6 REPLIES 6

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
my jacks will do that if not enough down force is appled
I think u have to play with and see, now its all happy- camping

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
psmoore wrote:
Awesome. Thanks for the replies. Will check the valves.

Manually open and close all 4 solenoid valves WITH the jacks extended. That will flush any possible debris stuck in the valve. IF that does not stop the problem replace the solenoid valve for that jack. Doug

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome. Thanks for the replies. Will check the valves.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I have HWH jacks and had the same problem. One jack came back up slowly over several days. It was a leaking solenoid valve. Replaced the valve and problem solved.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suggest checking the valves on top of the pump unit. They should be backed off, or turned counter-clockwise.

Second, you should check the fluid level, but only when the jacks are retracted. They take MD3, the GM automatic transmission fluid. You could change the fluid. Just siphon out to old and pour in the new. It takes about a gallon, if I remember correctly. I did it just as a preventive measure.

Third, wipe the exposed piston on each jack with MD3 fluid, or spray with silicone spray. I do this every time I extend the jacks just for preventive reasons. My HWH system is 20 years old now and still works great.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
What brand of jacks. If HWH give them a call as it sounds like you have valve that is leaking.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT