cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In Motion Domed Antenna

kokopelli40
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone using Domed Satellit In Motion antenna? and how would you rate them?
thanks
KoKoPelli40
2016 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QBH
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Hardrock

Cairn Terrier (Rollie)
1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible for Sundays
Good Sam (Lifetime)
FMCA
8 REPLIES 8

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
My motorhome came with a Kingdome and it worked for about a year. I had it fixed under warranty and it worked for about another year and broke again and the warranty was done by then. I tried fixing it myself as was never successful. I can tell you that every technician I talked to said they were pieces of junk and rarely do they last very long. At one point when I couldn't fix it I did try and find somebody that could, and I couldn't find anybody that would even work on them. I pulled it off and had a HD dish installed.

Disclaimer; I bought my motorhome in 2004. I have no idea if they've improved the dome units or not by now.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, did a cut & paste:

When we purchased our mh, it came with the in-motion dome. I made it a requirement for purchase that they had to remove my Trav'ler from my old mh and install it in place of the in-motion. With the Trav'ler, a simple push of a button and it will automatically rise, search, and lock on all required satellites. DISH tv, of course.

Yep, Pacific Shores in Newport from May through October. Love that coast. If you're ever over that way, stop by and say hi. From Oct to May we spend here at our home. Just can't beat the weather in the Southern California desert.

Ron

BTW, I don't think your other post is locked out. I just brought it up and it has a lot more replies than this one does.
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

kokopelli40
Explorer
Explorer
Ron, two post my error asked moderator to close second one so did not receive your post.
Newport Or, Pacific Shores ?
KoKoPelli40

Cairn Terrier (Rollie)
Good Sam (Lifetime)
FMCA

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
See my answer in your "other" post with the same subject.

Ron

PS...I thought that was a no-no.
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
kokopelli40 wrote:
rgatijnet1;
Thanks,
I have the Traveler on this coach, but getting new one and wondered about the Winegard Domed. I can get HD with Dish, but not sure of reception with domed compared to traveler.

As I mentioned, with my King Dome in-motion antenna it is NOT HD so the picture quality suffers. It also has a much smaller dish(12") compared to the full size Traveler dish antenna so the signal strength is weaker. I hated the King Dome as my ONLY satellite dish so I bought the Traveler and installed it on the roof also.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are several, some work better than others, The one I have is no longer supported.

Dome 101
In-motion domes can see one, and only one, satellite at a time, IF your dome has DUAL output and your service is DirecTV (NOTE not DirecHDTV this will work 100% with one or more receivers of DVRs.

IF you want HD (This includes your "Local" stations) it will not work.

DISH customers with a SINGLE receiver, Some domes are capaible of hitting 2 or 3 birds under receiver control, These will work with a single channel device 100% (you need the 3 satellite (Bird) models for HD) but if you are using a dual channel (DVR) or multiple receivers you will find conflicts where one wants 119 and the other wants what is it, 127 or 110.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

kokopelli40
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1;
Thanks,
I have the Traveler on this coach, but getting new one and wondered about the Winegard Domed. I can get HD with Dish, but not sure of reception with domed compared to traveler.
KoKoPelli40

Cairn Terrier (Rollie)
Good Sam (Lifetime)
FMCA

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the King in motion satellite antenna and it works OK. Nothing great and it is not HD. We only use it to keep up on certain important news/weather issues when we are traveling during the Winter.
Once parked I switch to our Traveler HD dish antenna. Great picture but it is not for in-motion reception.