cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intellitec and rear furnace

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys I’ve got a 96 Bounder 34j and I’ve noticed a few things. First the front furnace seems a good bit louder than the rear. Second the Intellitec thermostat seems a little quirky.. one thing I’ve noticed with only the rear furnace is when I start it for the first time of the night it starts running for a minute or so and then kicks off for about 3 or 5 seconds then comes back on and is fine. From then on when it cycles on it never does it again until the next night. Any ideas on what that is? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

cm2785
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug!

The Intellitec switch panel is freshly rebuilt, I am not sure where the other things you mentioned are but I can try to find them. Also, are you certain this isn’t normal? I’ve also noticed the other night the rear furnace didn’t want to kick on all of a sudden. When I flipped the switch to heat the light would come on and when I slowly moved the temp up a little higher I could hear the Intellitec brain click when I reached a temp that was high enough but still no activation.. I’m wondering if a switch on the furnace itself could be dusty. Keep in mind this rear furnace hasn’t been used much at all. The rig has 11k miles on it in 20 years and I’ve been usually using the monster front furnace which can warm the place in a heartbeat but since I’ve noticed the rear is nice and quiet I’ve been using that the last couple nights. Thanks again!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Take PC compressed air can and blow out the Intellitec wall control. After 22 years, dirt and dust may have built up enough to cause contac problems on the slider. Furnace problems are usually 99 percent on the furnace and its controls, not the aftermarket wall tstat and control. I would also blow out the furnace controls and ignition module for the same reason. Dirt and dust build up can cause intermittent contac problems. If this does not fix it, then I would suspect a dirty internal sail switch problem. Since one the sail switch attempts to make a good contac and then the furnace fails (switch opens) then runs on and off all night until a long rest before the next night. Doug