scubastu
Explorer
Explorer
Any advise on travel difference?
6 REPLIES 6

cross_country
Explorer
Explorer
congratulations on your new coach. If you are going to tow 4 down and use toad brakes, check out the systems available before you buy a tow bar as one such system has the brake system in the tow bar.

Mary and Tom '86 Crosscountry Sportscoach
2000 Foretravel U320 4210

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
The Soleis are nice looking units! Tow? Four-down.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Bill. Since you are starting off fresh with a tow car, buy one that can be towed four down.

In Bill's situation, it made sense for him cost-wise. But, it sure is easy just to connect and go and not worry with a dolly or trailer.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
since you need to purchase a toad .. buy one thats towable 4 wheels down They are getting fewer and fewer, but imo you'll be happier. I have a dolly and its fine .. a little more hassle but I already had a very new car that wasn't towable 4 down and it was WAY cheaper to use the dolly! 1500. bucks with elect brakes for the dolly vs 3000+ for a towbar baseplate,wiring,and brake system installed plus of course the cost of trading my car.
Bill

scubastu
Explorer
Explorer
Probably, not sure if we should go with a dolled or tow bar? Will need to buy vehicle.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice coach. I had to look it up to see exactly what you purchased. A mid entry door in a diesel pusher is nice for those that want to enter the kitchen from the patio.

One major travel difference is that you can stay inside at lunch stops/bathroom breaks without leaving the safety of your coach (if there was a concern).

Are you going to pull a tow vehicle?

Enjoy your new Itasca!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins