cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

kodiak motorhome by vanguard electric step

nulife
Explorer
Explorer
The electic step extends or retracts every time the door is opened or closed. The keys are not in the ignition. What am I missing or what is the problem. 2006 Kodiak by vanguard
4 REPLIES 4

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
nulife wrote:
I just bought this m/h no directions or manuals included.

Don't fret - the manuals from the motorhome maker are almost always worthless. 500 pages and nothing specific.

Go thru your motorhome and write down the make and model number of all of your appliances and electrical accessories. Then hit the manufacturer's website and see if you can find their manuals.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
On our Jayco - the same thing happens. That's normal. It finally dawned on my one day why the steps are connected directly to the battery.

There is a switch on ours labeled "Exterior Steps". If we flip it, then the steps stay down when the door is closed.

When we put the RV away for storage, and flip the battery disconnect switch, then close the door, the steps retract - which is what you'd want.

If we put the RV in motion, the steps retract - again what you'd want.

nulife
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure. There is a red switch on the electrical panel next to generator start switch that I don't know what it is for. It doesn't seem to have any effect on any thing so far. I just bought this m/h no directions or manuals included.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a manual switch that turns the auto function off?