cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kwikee step controllers

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Have had issue's with the steps for a few years and looks like the step controller is finally done. Or it might work tomorrow that's what it does. Put a new motor in three years ago and direct connect it and it works fine. It's putting out 9-10v when the steps isn't connected but nada when it's connected. Across the door contact only getting 5 volts. Re-made all the connections no help. Must be a lazy relay I see them all the time in access control systems.

Have the old non-imgl(?) 909508000 controller which has been superseded by the new design. Has anyone just changed out the controller and used the old gear box? Not changing it out yet.. might do a momentary switch. Wanting to check also if someone might have the old one in stock. Alot of RV places between KC and New Orleans.

One thing for certain going to move the controller inside looks like a easy task.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)
1 REPLY 1

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Kwikee used to have a PDF online that provide step by step instructions on how to diagnose problems including whether your controller was a problem ... worth a look.

When I changed out my controller many years ago the only thing I had to do was change the magnet mechanism within the door - no impact on motor etc. Not familiar with your particulars but controller is essentially a control board/software and I doubt that it cares what "gear box" you have.

Hope this helps
Kevin