cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Large outside storage doors on short Class A MH's

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have noticed that the newer short Class A's(28-34ft) tend to have small cut out doors instead of the full basement baggage doors. Some have a nice big pass tru under the bed like the ACE but still the small cutout doors for the rest of the storage bays. Does anyone know of a MH of this size that has both? I am trying to find specific models and years that have both kinds of storage. I saw one Daybreak a few years ago that had both but can't find the model number and the newer ones just have the full basement doors.
8 REPLIES 8

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
RVMike wrote:
Itasca Sunstar 27N 28ft
I looked at the Itasca web site and it looks like the Sunstar 27N has the large door in the rear but the cutout doors every where else.

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer
Itasca Sunstar 27N 28ft

TropicalRV
Explorer
Explorer
Those small cut-out doors are characteristic of the cheaper coaches. They make them this way to reduce cost. Our 34 foot Allegro has HUGE insulated doors and storage compartments that are almost on par with DPs.
Paul
2015 Tiffin Allegro 32SA, Ford V-10
2002 Honda CRV 2WD

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
dahkota wrote:
We have a 2014 Bounder 33C. It has full size bay doors, a pass through across the back, and the driver's side bays come out with the slide and are open to each other rather than separate cubbies.

The new 2016s don't have the driver's side bays that come out with the slide.
How big is the rear door on your Bounder? When I went to the Fleetwood website I could not see the door size from the picture. The Flair on the other had seemed to show a large door in the rear that would pass through under the bed.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
rgatijnet1 wrote:
On several manufacturers, the small doors are only on their entry level coaches. Up one level usually gets you full size doors.
That's true but I was asking about which models had the large baggage doors with the larger door that is a pass tru in the rear that goes under the bed. These seem very rare.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
On several manufacturers, the small doors are only on their entry level coaches. Up one level usually gets you full size doors.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Tiffin has large doors.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Bounder 33C. It has full size bay doors, a pass through across the back, and the driver's side bays come out with the slide and are open to each other rather than separate cubbies.

The new 2016s don't have the driver's side bays that come out with the slide.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road