cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lemon law for RVs

sandyhu248
Explorer
Explorer
I know some states have Lemon laws for vehicles, but does anyone know if such laws are in place for RVs? What options do buyers have if their brand new RV has multiple problems requiring it to be taken in for service constantly? These are problems with the RV/house portion, not engine problems. Any help of suggestions would be appreciated.
18 REPLIES 18

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, no. Your best friend is your own tool box and a good YouTube video (and asking lots of questions on these forums).

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
sandyhu248 wrote:
I know some states have Lemon laws for vehicles, but does anyone know if such laws are in place for RVs? What options do buyers have if their brand new RV has multiple problems requiring it to be taken in for service constantly? These are problems with the RV/house portion, not engine problems. Any help of suggestions would be appreciated.

You're in NC? NC lemon laws are not applicable to anything with a registered GVW of 10K lbs or more.

The RV Industry has a group of lobbyists that are very good at what they do and that's keeping lemon laws off the books or having them altered to not apply to RVs. If they spent as much money on their QA and QC procedures as the lobbyists, they would not need the lobbyists to begin with lol.

Exactly. With an RV you are basically SOL.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
sandyhu248 wrote:

You're in NC? NC lemon laws are not applicable to anything with a registered GVW of 10K lbs or more.

The RV Industry has a group of lobbyists that are very good at what they do and that's keeping lemon laws off the books or having them altered to not apply to RVs. If they spent as much money on their QA and QC procedures as the lobbyists, they would not need the lobbyists to begin with lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
It's been brought up in here fairly often, and the consensus has been that they apparently dont apply in most cases.
Best suggestions are to;
1. Exhaust all options with the dealer
2. Try to get the regional representative from the manufacturer involved.
3 Take the unit back to the factory for repair. (prior to warranty expiration)
Good luck