cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leveling jacks

F450
Explorer
Explorer
Which is better, electric or hydraulic leveling jacks?
12 REPLIES 12

TomandCandy
Explorer
Explorer
Mine are hydraulic same rig since 1997 never had a problem

F450
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice. I guess I will go for the hydraulics.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
hydraulic all the way. Look at your aircraft all hydraulic. Like Doug stated, are there any Electrical ones still out there. Change the fluid regular and they last for a very long time.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Nv Guy wrote:
I prefer electric due to having had to deal with hydraulic issues for several years when I was working in the RV biz. Each has it's good and bad points. Neither system is perfect.

State what you "did" in the RV biz. I have 45 years in the RV "biz", 40 of those as a Technician. 25 of those as Master Certified. From your post, I doubt you were that qualified in the RV "biz". The reason I state this is because you prefer Electric. ANY knowledgable person in the RV "biz" would NEVER state that. Doug

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The HWH hydraulic jacks on my 25 year old MH have been flawless except for the hoses that I replaced 5 years ago.
My jacks are manual control. The automatic jacks do offer some electrical failure from time to time.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
My HWH hydraulic jacks are 24 years old and have required very little maintenance. The jacks and seals are original and still work fine. I replaced one line due to chaffing against the frame, and a control board because I left a window open and water got into the board. This is the 200 series with a joystick. Newer models seemed to have had trouble with the seals.

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
I prefer electric due to having had to deal with hydraulic issues for several years when I was working in the RV biz. Each has it's good and bad points. Neither system is perfect.

Bruce_Brown
As someone who currently owns electric leveling jacks, trust me when I say HYDRAULIC!
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
larry cad wrote:
As the Germans say it, "macht keinen Unterschied"

Makes no difference.

Obviously, you have NO CLUE or Expertise to make this statement. Ask yourself why Electric jacks went out of style almost 12 years ago. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
99% of MOTORHOME Leveling jacks installed in the past 12 years are Hydraulic due to the numerous problems/failures caused by Electric jacks. I state 99%, because there may still be a Motorhome Electric Jack maker out there. Doug

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
As the Germans say it, "macht keinen Unterschied"

Makes no difference.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
F450 wrote:
Which is better, electric or hydraulic leveling jacks?

Heartland Big Horn 5th wheel hydraulic jacks for 5 years , no problems. Had to change the hydraulic fluid to resolve popping noise but problem was solved with no further issues.