Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ligts on the PW excel 2011

telemark1qc
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I bought my PW in 2011 on a Ford E350 chassis. One thing I dislike is that eveytime I open the side doors the ligts of the vehicule stay on for about 30 seconds or so. After a long stay in a campground I will fully discharge my truck battery. My Ford dealer says ther is nothing he can do about this problem. I even contacted PW factory in Saskatchewan, they told my that this RV was made for short stays it was not intented for "stable camping". So now I make sure to go for a drive every two days to make sure that the battery stays alive. Does any one has this problem do you have any suggestions.

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
telemark1qc wrote:
Thank you for your advise. I do not think that my truck battery is charging when plugged in. Last year, while camping at Virginia Beach for a week I completely discharged my battery.

Thanks
What about purchasing a small 1 or 2 amp battery charger? Plug that into your shore power and charge your engine battery.

The Chevy has a switch near the headlight switch to shut off the cab lights when the doors open or stay open.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Argie7
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider changing your incandescent bulb with an LED. It will decrease the power pull to 1/10th of what it is now.
Argie7
RT210 Versatile (SE)

telemark1qc
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your advise. I do not think that my truck battery is charging when plugged in. Last year, while camping at Virginia Beach for a week I completely discharged my battery.

Thanks

jjrai
Explorer
Explorer
If it is the side door that is the problem (as opposed to the passenger doors, perhaps you can bypass the switch. Then you can reconnect yourself if you choose. The switches are usually just grounds, so tape the end and don't let it fall into the body. That will allow you to reconnect it if needed. Also, if you're plugged in, isn't your battery charging anyway while at the camp ground?

telemark1qc
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you I will talk to my dealer about that feature hoping that they will know what to do.

Enjoy the season

markopolo
Explorer
Explorer
Similar problem described here: ford-trucks.com/forums

According to the post, a dealer would have to use their IDS to enable the "Police dark car feature" in the Body Control Module.

The link above explains it well.
1997 Custom Van - GMC 6.5l Turbo diesel
My Profile
My Website

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Install a battery cutoff switch?