cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert leveling system.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am looking at a MH with a Lippert hyd leveling system. My HWH leveling system is 20 years old has been relatively trouble free. Is there any known problem with this system?
6 REPLIES 6

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Coinsidenly,I went to look at a 2009 Safari Simba yesterday with the Lippert system. When we went to stow the jack to take it for a ride the jacks would not come up and the control panel was flashing. After multiple tries I told the owner what you all posted about the leaking o ring and I could see the motor covered in hyd fluid. You could smell the motor burning after a while. I really like the MH but it had other problems also and roof which was one piece fiber glass not maintained well and leaked.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Doug...I was very lucky with both failures..one was in the driveway with the passenger slide before a trip...and the other happened just after I brought up the levelers and the last slide came in and then POP....and was able to drive home beeping all the way..it could have been much worse...my friend who also had the same system got stuck in Delaware and the motor actually started to burn with small fire...By the time Navistar got Monaco, they recalled the mechanism of only Navistar built Monaco/HR...and left us fledglings for ourselves...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Powergear/HWH/LCI/Kwikee/Bigfoot/Equalizer. Not in order of best to worst. Bigfoot and LCI are rated last IMO. Doug

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the quick replies. What other systems would be used in 2008 or newer ClassA MH and would be better than Lippert? I am finding out quickly you can't get everything you want in a used MH.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IF I have a choice, LCI would be the LAST choice for a Leveling system. HWH is my first choice. LCI is POWER DOWN and POWER RETRACT. NOT a good design if the system fails and you are extended. Doug

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Lippert or LCI for short had a few motors from 2008 to 2012 that had a bad seal in them..the seal was from China and would go and fluid would go into the motor and burn it out..It happened to me twice and had to replace the whole mechanism under warranty thank god...Other than that, I had no issues with it...so if motorhome is from those years, you may want to make sure to look at the motor housing on the system to make sure no leaks or possibly if it has been replaced..if it is a new motorhome, then you should be fine...plenty of stuff online as well if support is needed.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)