cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living Room Slide out

Rodd06
Explorer
Explorer
2005 alfa see ya. New batteries are installed. Everything seems to be working, just fine.
Getting ready to take it down to get new tires on it and the bedroom slide out is in. The living room slide out comes in on the bottom and it when the top is supposed to start coming in, it stops, like not enough power. It is plugged in to our RV outlet and I even started it. Does the same thing. Any suggestions?

Rodd06
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You know Rod.. I'm fond of saying many RVers have a few screws loose.

You just added yet another one to the list of loose screws.

Electrical (Breaker box) One of mine took over 2 full turns
Electrical Outltes and inlets for shore power... My Inlet one leg was lose, a fellow camper the 50 amp Marinco Outlet came off in our hand, Inside the cover are six screws, all six were loose.

Those I have fixed myself.. And when I tighten them down they do not come loose again.

Another forum member reported his day/night shades

You your slide out

And I've had assorted loose screws in other places too.

A #2 Square Bit is your friend.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for letting us know what caused the problem.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Rodd06
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
Thank you all for your valued suggestions. After checking many things, it was a loose screw on the side at the top of the slide that had worked it's way out slightly, but enough to stop the slide from coming in. Learning a lot fast.

Rodd06

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Check the voltage at the batteries with it plugged in. If the voltage Isn,t over 13, the converter isn't operating. That could be a blown fuse, a safety shutoff, or a faulty converter.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Start the generator. Through the charging system it will put a lot of power into the batteries. If you still have the same problem, then I'd say it's not a power issue. If this does work, then it's probably a power problem. Start with cleaning the battery terminals or look at changing the batteries.

When my batteries were old, before changing them this year, I had to use the generator to boost the power with the battery charger.

When was the last time your slide rails were cleaned and lubed? I always amazes me how much a little lubrication helps out, especially on the steps.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Could something have fallen onto the top of the slide and is blocking it from coming in all of the way.

I have an Alfa Seeya 5th wheel and the inside foam seal at the top of the slideout came loose and stopped the slide from closing at the top.

Also, there is a way to adjust the end stop relay if the problem might be caused by the stop switch not being adjusted properly to allow the top to close.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Your diesel is probably a lot different than my gassers but all of my gassers needed the engine running to get all slides in. You get one or two but then the power was gone. Being plugged in did not matter. I think the slides operated off the chassis battery. This is probably totally uninformed. Check for something blocking the movement. Good luck.