cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lock Door and can't unlock when return

RealRV
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Fleetwood Discovery and have had a problem when returning that the remote or key will not open the door. Have had to crawl in window to open the door from the inside. Any suggestion's on a fix??????
6 REPLIES 6

RealRV
Explorer
Explorer
Many THANKS to all that responded on my problem to the lock issue. This is my first time on this forum and have learned a lot from the response.

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Had similar problems but never saw my predicament discussed in the RV forums. The linkage between the lock activation solenoid and the lock got out of alignment and would jam, the rubber boot covering the linkage and giving it stability deteriorated and allowed the problem to occur. I disconnected it and use the key only when using that lock. Like others, I rely on the dead bolt most of the time and do not bother with the other door lock.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
My problem with Trimark is the dang spring bolt (Slam latch some call it) that is teh one that normallyh latches the door when it is NOT locked.

They break and won't retract then you have to figure out how to depress the plunger...

Had it happen twice to me so far... First time I repalced it, Second time I had a new bolt carved out of higher quality steel.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BigSkyBob
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Trimark keypad that I have been using for 8 years and it only failed to work one time. My keypad operates off the chassis batteries and when my BIRD hung up the chassis batteries were so low the keypad wouldn't open the lock. My patio awning also runs off the chassis batteries. I jumped across the coach batteries to the chassis batteries at the rear run bay which was enough to get the keypad to unlock the door.
2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
This is a common problem with Trimark brand locks. Some of us only lock the deadbolt portion which helps to prevent a lock out.

X2
We too just use the dead bolt for the same reason. It's a shame though, when you have a remote to unlock, that it's unreliable.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is a common problem with Trimark brand locks. Some of us only lock the deadbolt portion which helps to prevent a lock out.